September 24, 2014

30 Days, 3 Hours, 4 min.....

We are one month away from the BIG DAY!!!!!!!!! Well, 30 days, 3 hours and 4 minutes to be exact, but who's counting?! :-)

It's crazy to think we have been planning the wedding for the past 14 months. We've paced ourselves and accomplished a little each month to ensure we wouldn't be TOO stressed out this last month. So far, so good. :-) Me being the crazy OCD planner that I am, still have a ridiculous amount of "to-do" lists, post-in notes everywhere and an on-going "his" and "her's" project schedule, but other than that I've been super laid back about everything. HA! I can't help it though. I was born a planner and have thoroughly enjoyed planning, crafting, taste testing and researching all that has gone into our wedding with the help of my fabulous (and very patient) fiance. :-)

For the past few weeks I've been telling Ron and my mom that any crafting projects or small details that have NOT been accomplished by the Monday night before the wedding, will not get done. That is our cut off deadline. They more or less laughed at me with a "Yeah, right! Good luck with that!" smile and said they hope I can stick with that plan. Well, so do I. :-) I'd really like Ron and I (as well as my parent's who are hosting quite a few people throughout the week) to be able to enjoy the festivities and not be stressing about the little details. 

One of my FAVORITE projects for the wedding has taking quite a bit of our free time over the past couple of weeks. We've been making signage for the church entrance, Popcorn Bar and the reception. I originally saw beautiful wood plank signs on Etsy but each sign was between $30 and $50.  Ummmmm, no thank you!! Ron being the handy man that he is, suggested we buy the wood and stain and make the signs ourselves. It's been a longer process than we thought but the signs have turned out BEAUTIFULLY and have been very inexpensive. I'll blog about all the details and pictures of the signs after the wedding but here's a sneak peak. :-) We've made a total of 8 signs ranging in sizes from 1 1/2' x 2' up to 4'x 3'. We'll use some of the signs to hang in our home after the wedding but the rest we are planning to sell. :-)

Here are a few items left on our "to-do" list....

  • Purchase Marriage Licence - Doing this next week!!!!! 
  • Create Worship/Ceremony Program - I'm so glad we came up with our own design for all our printed materials. It's saved a lot of time (and money) not having to create a new look for each item.
  • Buy Pumpkins - Unfortunately this can't be done until closer to the wedding but I'm so excited to use real pumpkins throughout our decor. 
  • Assemble Wedding Party Gift Bags -EEEEEEEEEEE! I cannot wait to blog about this after the wedding. Ron and I have put a lot of thought and effort into what we wanted to give our friends and family as "thank you's" for standing up and/or helping with the wedding. 
  • Seating Chart - While this can't be done until the week of the wedding, we have already started to group guests together so this process should go very smoothly when the time comes to print this out. :-)

This weekend I'm having a "Girl's Day" with my mom and Maid and Matron of Honor. We'll be working on last minute crafts, enjoying a few cocktails and watching some of our favorite wedding themed movies. Can we say PERFECT SATURDAY?!?!?! All of this will be taking place while Ron is at his Bachelor Party. He has a fun-filled day ahead of him will all his best guy friends. It still amazes me the wonderful friendship he has with this group of guys he went to grade school with and how willing they are to come into town to celebrate him and this exciting time in his life. It's going to be a wonderful weekend to say the least. 

In 30 days and in a few short hours, Ron and I will be pronounced as "husband and wife"! Who's excited?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :-)

Let the final countdown begin!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment